My, how time flies! The fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2020 is almost here. In less than 20 days it will be July 1st and Government Contractors will be off to the races to get their hands on the last dollars of the fiscal year. A lot of planning and coordination goes into a Q4 Federal sales strategy, but we thought a little more data could not hurt! So, in preparation for Q4 FY20, The Pulse wanted to provide our Insider + SME members with the data and context they need to decide where to focus their energy, resources, and workforce over the next three months.
Our Q4 FY20 Preparation Guide: Civilian + Defense Roadmap provides you with the following information:
- Current FY20 Federal Obligations to demonstrate which Federal agencies have significant procurement funds remaining.
- Q4 Comparisons Across the Federal Government provides a brief overview of Q4 spending trends.
- Independent Federal Agency Profiles provides a breakdown of each Federal agency’s spending activities in FY20, top vendors, vehicle usage, Q4 spending trends, and some predictions. We also touch on small business spending (who is meeting their goals, who is not) and purchase card usage in Q4.
Combine this report with our recent May 2020 Pipeline Playbook which provides updates on industry’s top FY20 opportunities to include GSA ASTRO, DHS FirstSource III, HHS CIO-SP4, and GSA 8(a) STARS III – and you have the critical ingredients required to develop a competitive FY20 sales strategy.
Here a few things we learned when putting together this report:
- Slow but Steady Growth in Socio-Economic Spending in Q4: Over the past six fiscal years in Q4: Small Business (SB) set-asides have grown by 61%, HUBZone set-asides have grown by 42%, 8(a) set-asides have grown by 31%, and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) set-asides have grown by 15%.
- 78% of All FY20 Dollars Are Still on the Table. Only three out of the 20 primary Federal agencies have spent more than 55% of their projected discretionary FY20 spending level allocated by Congress.
- GSA Schedules Are Still a Favorite. More than 90% of our 20 Federal agencies have at least one GSA Schedule listed under their Top 5 Vehicles Used in FY20.
The Pulse released our Q4 Fiscal Year 2020 Preparation Guide: Civilian + Defense Roadmap. A Special Report available exclusively to our Pulse Insider + SME members. This 34-page report contains the critical information Government Contractors need to strategize where to focus their energy, resources, and workforce over the next three months.
Not a Pulse Insider or SME? Become one today! Learn more here.
Want to learn more? Reach out to us today to learn how we can help you #bidwithintent.